Monday, May 14, 2012

Introduction

Hello blog land.  I'm pretty certain I am talking to myself at this point but I figure it is still necessary to introduce myself.  I am Nace, mother to the lovely Ms. LA (2).  I am starting this blog to document my journey, share what I have learned and hopefully inspire some other moms to learn how to properly care for their daughter's natural hair.

Where is all began:
On December 7, 2009, I discovered via ultrasound that I was carrying a little girl.  I vowed from that day, no matter what her hair texture, I would NOT give her a relaxer.  I, for one, am a relaxed haired female and although I still relax my hair to this day, I resent the fact that I never had a chance to discover my natural hair growing up.  My mother gave me a relaxer at a young age (maybe 5 and I don't fault her because times were different) therefore, I have no clue how to style, manage or even what curl pattern my natural hair has.  I did not want to put my daughter in that situation.  I was determined to learn how to properly care for and love her natural hair.  I started searching the internet and I found several different blogs and forums that catered to natural hair and this is where the journey began.

Where we are today:
My daughter is now 2 years old with a head full of beautiful kinky curls and I could not be happier.  This journey has been very trying at times but all very worth it.  From learning what sulfates are to satin scarves to protective styles, I can say I have truly learned a lot.  The journey is still just beginning though, so join us for the ride.  Thanks for reading.

Nace

No comments:

Post a Comment