Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wash and Go…well, sort of

This is going to be a quick post on how I like to do a "wash and go" style on LA's hair.  This is the way I do it when I know ahead of time that I want to let her rock her hair loose. The night before, I co-wash her hair and then I use Kinky Curly Knot Today detangler ($12).  I run my finger through her hair in sections and make sure that her hair is completely tangle free.  I then use a small amount of Kinky Curly Curling custard ($17 for 8oz) to provide some hold.  I twist each section into two strand twists.  I do not worry about parting her hair because the twists will be taken apart in the morning and the parts will be hidden.  I do NOT use a comb at all when I style her hair this way, just my fingers, water and product.
I did this during her bath time a little bit before it was time for bed. She slept with the twists in over night.  The only reason I twist her hair is to keep it from tangling while she sleeps and to stretch her hair some so her fro won't be as shrunken as it usually would be.
This is how her hair looked in the morning after it dried.  The twists were sticking up every which way but it didn't matter because the twists are not that important to the style so they don't have to be neat.  I rubbed each twist with coconut oil (you can use any oil it was just the first one I grabbed) and slowly separated each section.  I then used my fingers to fluff her hair out and massaged her scalp to make the parts less noticeable.  I put on a simple headband and voila! Our "wash and go" hair :)
Thanks for reading and as always, leave comments or questions below.
Nace



5 comments:

  1. very nice, after you apply the pudding and twisted her hair did u dry it b4 she went to bed? ie pad dry it wit a towel or sat her under a hair dryer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't use a towel because it would make her hair frizzy and I didn't sit her under the dryer. I haven't sat her under the dryer for anything yet but I'm sure I will eventually. I just let her play in her room for a while before she went to bed. It was still wet but not soaking/dripping wet.

      Delete